It’s a beautiful Fall-ish morning here in Arkansas. Birds are singing. The temperature is a little cooler. Even if the trees are still forest green, the calendar says Autumn has arrived. For the last three months or so the thermometer has read “hot” or it’s going to be “freaking hot” today by 9 am. I’ll take this little reprieve from the heat this morning and enjoy it.
So my dear friends, what do you enjoy in Autumn? The following is a short list of little pleasures I plan on enjoying during the coming month.
- You probably guess this one already… cooler temperatures. Yay! I’ve heard all my life, “If the heat doesn’t get you the humidity will.” Although this Summer wasn’t a scorcher as in years past, it was bloody well hot enough to make this girl appreciate air conditioning, and living in a modern age.
- Football. Even though the Sooners aren’t looking so great this season, it’s early yet and I love my team. Norman seems so far away but, every Saturday when OU is playing at home, I remember and appreciate the long-held traditions associated with Oklahoma Football. Can I get a Boomer Sooner? (I know my Mom will give me one.)
- Halloween. This is one of my favorite pleasures in life. The kids and I love Halloween. It is my favorite holiday. C&E will have the house spooked out in no time. In the past, there have been many a Halloween hayride and bonfire at the farm. These days we are doing things on a smaller scale, but that doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy the festivities.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (PPS), well everything. There’s latte’s, creamer, cookies and so much more to enjoy. I hear there is even pumpkin pie to be had. Ok, that was a lame joke, haha. I discovered the perfect PPS latte recipe using the Starbucks App. I order on my phone for pick up a grande PPS latte with two pumps of flavor, light whip, coconut milk with two shots of espresso, hot. It is divine. Since I’m ordering it to go via the app, I can walk into the store, go right to the front of the line, ask for Holly’s order and right back out with my drink in hand. Sweet.
- Leaves will start turning beautiful shades of yellow gold, orange and browns soon. The display God puts on through them is stunning and is something I enjoy every year.
Fall is such a wonderful time of the year. My hope is this small list of 5 will inspire you to get out and enjoy the season as much as possible.
Pansies, PPS Latte’,and Carmel Apples,