I am sad. My heart is broken. Today is a “fake it til you make it” day. I heard this expression a lot growing up. I thought my Nanny must have coined it. Nanny said it. Mom recites it when … Continue reading
I learned this little trick a couple of years ago when I started back to college, begin every paper with a question. “Why” questions are the best to answer. They call for in-depth explanation. You can really produce a lengthy … Continue reading
Dear friends, what have I gotten myself into? As you know from a couple post back, I became an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay. Independent Beauty Consultant…it sounds so official, so special. Anyway, I am very much enjoying this … Continue reading
You know that voice in the back of your mind, the one whispering you aren’t good enough? you can’t possibly do that? conquer this? complete that? It is the voice that also whispers who do you think you are? what … Continue reading
Ok, so it’s really not a cult! (Let me just get that out of the way.) I promise I don’t relate everything in my life back to having cancer. Sometimes though we have life changing moments and the time line of … Continue reading
Today is like a birthday of sorts. I’ve been cancer free for one year. Last June first I was lying in a hospital bed wondering if I’d made the right decision. First of all, I was in a lot of … Continue reading
Twenty seven years after the cartoon version of Beauty and the Beast, Disney has released a live action version. Well, this girl is excited. I loved the original movie, sound track, and story. Beauty is in the eye of the … Continue reading
Good morning my dear friends. It has been too long. I’ve missed writing and sharing with you. Between a new job, school, family, and a host of life commitments, I’ve neglected a fancy farm girl. I’m not done here, though. Talking … Continue reading
To say I had a lot of down time over the summer is an understatement. Round one of surgery was in June and I was home for a month recovering from bilateral mastectomy. Round two took place in October. That … Continue reading
It’s a beautiful Fall-ish morning here in Arkansas. Birds are singing. The temperature is a little cooler. Even if the trees are still forest green, the calendar says Autumn has arrived. For the last three months or so the thermometer has read “hot” or it’s going to be “freaking hot” today by 9 am. I’ll take this little reprieve from the heat this morning and enjoy it.
So my dear friends, what do you enjoy in Autumn? The following is a short list of little pleasures I plan on enjoying during the coming month.
- You probably guess this one already… cooler temperatures. Yay! I’ve heard all my life, “If the heat doesn’t get you the humidity will.” Although this Summer wasn’t a scorcher as in years past, it was bloody well hot enough to make this girl appreciate air conditioning, and living in a modern age.
- Football. Even though the Sooners aren’t looking so great this season, it’s early yet and I love my team. Norman seems so far away but, every Saturday when OU is playing at home, I remember and appreciate the long-held traditions associated with Oklahoma Football. Can I get a Boomer Sooner? (I know my Mom will give me one.)
- Halloween. This is one of my favorite pleasures in life. The kids and I love Halloween. It is my favorite holiday. C&E will have the house spooked out in no time. In the past, there have been many a Halloween hayride and bonfire at the farm. These days we are doing things on a smaller scale, but that doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy the festivities.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (PPS), well everything. There’s latte’s, creamer, cookies and so much more to enjoy. I hear there is even pumpkin pie to be had. Ok, that was a lame joke, haha. I discovered the perfect PPS latte recipe using the Starbucks App. I order on my phone for pick up a grande PPS latte with two pumps of flavor, light whip, coconut milk with two shots of espresso, hot. It is divine. Since I’m ordering it to go via the app, I can walk into the store, go right to the front of the line, ask for Holly’s order and right back out with my drink in hand. Sweet.
- Leaves will start turning beautiful shades of yellow gold, orange and browns soon. The display God puts on through them is stunning and is something I enjoy every year.
Fall is such a wonderful time of the year. My hope is this small list of 5 will inspire you to get out and enjoy the season as much as possible.
Pansies, PPS Latte’,and Carmel Apples,